An introduction to Active MedTech - from concept to reality
Time & Location
About the Event
Medical professionals often have great ideas for saving or improving lives with a new medical device that involves electronics hardware and software. However, these would-be entrepreneurs often have little idea of what is involved in actually developing such a device and having it manufactured.
This 40-minute webinar provides an overview of the product development process for “active” medical devices. We will explain how active medical devices are different from inert devices, the range of suppliers need to bring your product to life and the complex web of quality systems, regulatory processes and product certification.
Topics to be covered include:
• What is an active medical device?
• Who are the stakeholders involved in product development?
• How medical devices are different from other products - a requirement of the development process
• The technologies and skillsets required for successful commercialisation
• Quality systems, certification and regulatory compliance
• An introduction to life cycle processes and design controls
This webinar is aimed at people considering developing a medical device and service providers wanting to understand the big picture outside of their field.
The webinar will be hosted by Dr Tim Kannegieter, Business Development Manager at Genesys Electronics Design, supported in his presentation by Genesys CEO Geoff Sizer who has over thirty years of experience designing electronic devices. Genesys is an electronics design firm with ISO 13485 certification for the development of medical devices and sponsor of this community.